Accelerated Curriculum & Enrichment (ACE)
Scroll down for 2023 ACE Program Information and Application Forms
Program in Detail
St Helena believes in allowing students to discover how far daring to be excellent can take them. Our Accelerated Curriculum and Enrichment (ACE) Program caters for the educational needs of gifted and talented students, ensuring these students are engaged, challenged and supported to achieve their full potential.
Self-directed gifted and talented students who are committed to excellence and College involvement are welcome to apply.
Eligibility is determined through a range of means including:
-University developed achievement tests (Reading Comprehension, Mathematical Reasoning and Abstract Thinking)
-Primary teacher assessment (collected by St Helena Transition Team)
-Parent feedback and assessment
-St Helena runs one ACE class per year level across a full six year course of study.
-Students remain together through the first three years (i.e. Years 7 to 9).
-Students complete Years 7-10 curriculum in three years.
-An enriched VCE is completed over three years.
-It’s possible to undertake University subjects (i.e. HEVS) in the final year of school (i.e. Year 12).
-Develop and extend higher order, divergent and independent thinking; the capacity to problem solve, apply creative solutions.
-Apply knowledge in prescribed and chosen areas of study.
-Connect learning across key learning areas and life.
-Motivation to engage with and develop interest in a wide range of studies and fields.
-Demonstrate excellence in contributions to the school and broader community.
-Develop socially and emotionally through the growth of scholarly habits, social interaction and psychological health.
2023 ACE Enrollment Information
If your child is looking to apply for a position in the Year 7 ACE program for 2023, there are a few important pieces of information and key dates to consider:
If St Helena Secondary College is your family’s ‘Designated Neighbourhood School’ (check Find My School
You must complete the 2023 ACE Application form (see link above) and return this to the College (printed or via email) by Friday 13 May, 2022.
If you reside outside of our school zone and St Helena Secondary College is not your ‘Designated Neighbourhood School’ (check Find My School
You must complete the 2023 ACE Application form (see link above) and
a Specific Curriculum Grounds Application form, and return these to the College (printed or via email) by Friday 13 May, 2022.
1. These forms are separate from your child’s Application for Year 7 Placement Forms (returned to your Primary School).
2. The ACE Program selection process will take place after families receive confirmation of a place at St Helena Secondary College for Year 7. Families that are not enrolling at St Helena cannot be considered for a place in our ACE program.
3. The 2023 ACE Program Aptitude Test (for Year 7 2023) will be held on Saturday 27 August, 2022 on site at St Helena.
4. The 2023 ACE Program Selection Interviews (for Year 7 2023) will take place in early September, 2022.
5. The ACE program is designed to cater for the special educational needs of high ability students. It operates on the principles of Curriculum Acceleration and Enrichment.
Looking for more information regarding ACE?
ACE Information Evening (online Webex event)
Tuesday 3 May 2022, 6:00pm
Reserve your ticket here: https://www.trybooking.com/BYCQO
iIf you are interested in learning more about our ACE program or have any other inquiries please contact Mr. Shaun Isbister, Junior School Principal email@example.com or 9438 8500.